Facebook has become our personal diary for years. By just checking your wall, people can already determine your personality, what you typically do on weekends, where you go after work, and even what you cook.
There are hundreds of Facebook pages related to creative cooking recently. Almost all of them uploads easy creative cooking with recipes that you probably haven’t heard of, daily. Mostly snacks and pizzas, these recipes seem so easy to make and looks tasty on the videos that makes you wanna try them as soon as you get home. But upon watching them under good music, lighting, foreign ingredients and all, you’ll begin to realize that something’s missing. Where’s the passion in cooking them?
That’s the reason why people like Gordon Ramsay is born. Maybe the God of cooking sent him to deliver discouraging words so you can try to cook with passion next time.
1. Every food is microwavable. In their videos, you will notice that the cooking lesson is not complete without the magic microwave. They basically bake almost everything from bread to marinated bacon.
2. They put too much Cheese. Most of these videos will make you feel like every dish should have a touch of cheese. There’s even a Swiss dish called Raclette where a wheel of cheese is melted and scraped on top of a dish. What did you order there? -the cheese, of course! In case you didn’t know, cheese is rich with cholesterol and fat. You can gain weight by just adding extra cheese on your burger.
3. Misinformation. Gordon Ramsay made it clear that pineapples don’t go on pizza. Yet every pizza-making video in these Facebook pages are always topped with pizza. They are slowly changing the proper way of cooking by making them easier and sweeter. No, don’t put pineapple on your pizza.
4. And speaking of pizza, you can make any version of pizza now. Vegetable Pizza, sweet pizza, fruity pizza, meaty pizza, etc pizza, and even cake pizza. By just mentioning them, you already know it turned my stomach a bit but some of them do taste good. I tried making the meaty overload pizza, and goodness! It made my nape hurt the whole night.
5. Bacon is the universal meat. Because they say everyone loves bacon -The same “everyone” who loves baked mac. They will either weave or wrap anything with bacon to deep fry or bake.
I don’t know with you but I think cooking videos are getting more absurd everyday.
Oh well. I’m baking Pizza. (sounds so wrong)